“nothing is more constant than change” – Charles Darwin
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life,” wrote the indefatigable naturalist Charles Darwin. It seems only fitting, therefore, that IWC should dedicate a watch of its own to the father of the theory of evolution.
In keeping with Darwin’s realization that “nothing is more constant than change”, and depending on the use to which it is put, bronze develops a patina in the course of time and darkens in colour, giving the Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “Expedition Charles Darwin” its own unmistakable character.
The bronze tone recurs in the luminescent material on the hands, indices and 15-minute scale on the internal rotating bezel. Equipped with the IWC-manufactured 89365 movement, rubber-coated push-buttons, the SafeDive system and water-resistance to 30 metres, this special edition is ideal for expeditions in this day and age both above and under water. The engraving on the back is an expressive portrait of Darwin at the time when his revolutionary theory of evolution began to change our way of thinking for ever.
Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “Expedition Charles Darwin”
- Automatic chronograph movement, IWC-manufactured 89365 calibre
- 68-hour power reserve when fully wound
- Mechanical external/internal rotating bezel with SafeDive system
- Date display & small hacking seconds
- Stopwatch function with minutes and seconds
- Luminescent elements on hands, dial and internal rotating bezel
- Screw-in crown
- Water-resistant 300 metres
- IWC bracelet quick-change system
- Diameter 44 mm
$14,900 AUD inc GST