IWC has taken the journey through the skies from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s “The Little Prince” as a reason to crown the new Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition “Le Petit Prince” with an intriguing mechanism. Every day of the week, the captivating day indicator illuminates another golden star.
However, the change does not take place in any particular order: the gleaming gold indicator appears to jump at random from one star to the next. The stars punched out on the dial are symbols of the planets visited by the little prince.
Incidentally, the watch’s owner alone decides which star on the dial is illuminated on which day of the week. He can use the crown to make the golden star jump to another position.
Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph Edition “Le Petit Prince”
The Double Chronograph offers everything a watch could possibly need: an automatic winding mechanism, the time, date, day in the form of a jumping star display, small hacking seconds, chronograph with aggregate timing up to 12 hours, split-seconds function, sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating on both sides and secured against drops in pressure and, naturally, a soft-iron inner case to provide protection against magnetic fields.
- Mechanical chronograph movement, calibre 79420
- Stopwatch function with hours, minutes and seconds
- Split-seconds hand for intermediate timing
- Date display and day display in the form of a jumping star display
- Small hacking seconds
- Soft-iron inner case for protection against magnetic fields
- Crystal secured against displacement by drops in air pressure
- Diameter: 44 mm
$14,700 AUD inc GST
Limited to 1,000 watches worldwide